Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, November 5















Meal 184.... Cajun Chicken Pasta (courtesy of the Square Table Cookbook...all recipes from Oxford, MS) In case you didn't read my post a few weeks ago, I am on a quest to cook for 200 out of the next 365 days. Counting backward from 200 I am currently on 184! This week consisted of Homemade Chili and Cornbread, Grilled Chicken with Broccoli and Edemame, King Ranch Chicken Casserole, Breakfast for Dinner, and Cajun Chicken Pasta! We were on a major comfort food kick since the weather has gotten pretty chilly!

Cajun Pasta is one of Zach's favorites so I changed it up a bit and instead of using shrimp since we didn't have any fresh shrimp I used chicken. It was an awesome dish...spicy enough for big Z but not too spicy for me. I also made some garlic flatbread with Olive Oil Dipping Sauces. My Aunt Lynette gave us a Olive Oil Dipping set from William Sonoma when she came and stayed with us in September. I have been dying to try it- Pesto and Parmesan...Pesto was our favorite! Thanks Nette! They were so yummy!

On another note, we had an awesome time on Oxford this past weekend. We got to spend a lot of time catching up with old friends on the square and it was fun watching the street of Oxford fill up the college kids sporting their creative Halloween get-ups. Most of the guys costumes were hilarious and the ladies costumes....well barely there! The Grove was more gorgeous than I remembered on the perfect fall afternoon and although we lost to Auburn we played a heck of a game! Zach almost lost his voice in the first 3 minutes of the game but at that point it looked hopeful for the Rebels. Jamie and Jarrod were awesome hosts as always and we look forward to our next Oxford weekend. As soon as I get my pictures uploaded I will post a few from the weekend. I have to say, we really missed our friends that could not be there!














I'm headed upstairs to the studio...Garland and Glitz is in less then 2 weeks and I have a lot of painting and creating to do! As you can tell by all of my supplies that will all be transformed into Christmas gifts by the 18th! Stay tuned...this weekend will consist of paint, sewing machine, embroidery machine, and a whole lotta red bull!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

sounds yummy, glad you liked it!