Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94
Wednesday, December 30
We will miss you SNICKERS!
Who knew a 5 inch long little puppy I named after a candy bar would grow up to be so sweet! I guess the name was fitting after all. After 15 years as our family pet, Snickers lost his battle with old age on Monday, December 28. He had been moving slower week by week and I am just so thankful that Mom and Dad were able to make it home from Christmas in Mississippi to spend two last days with him and say goodbye. Snickers was such a joy in our home and now for David Letterman's TOP TEN Reasons why we love Snick:
1. He could play fetch for hours with his little bed ball
2. He peed on almost all of my high school friends, and most of them on a daily basis. He would just get so excited!
3. He used to jump in the pool after me and paddle so hard to stay above water and he would just swim with me...which was a challenge for a foot-long dachshund.
4. He loved to cuddle in the crack between your legs when you lay down (just like Emma!)
5. He was the best snuggle buddy and loved to watch TV with me and Dad...but for some reason Mom was his favorite!
6. He loved to go on walks up to the elementary school by our house and chase squirrels.
7. He loved to be totally covered up when he napped...just like Emma.
8. I heard the phrase "That is the smartest dog I've ever had" come out of my dad's mouth all the time. Although I was never was blessed to hear "That is the smartest child I have ever had".
9. Is face turned almost totally gray in his old age. He was so handsome!
10. For 15 years he made our family so happy and never asked for anything but love in return! What a great little buddy!!