Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, December 16

Christmas Card Display


Thank you Pinterest for lighting the fire in my creative sole that seemed to be extinguished as soon as I had the baby....because we all know when you have a baby you gain a person and a whole lotta love but you lose your mind, your sleep, and your free time. Those 3 things were a necessary combination to fuel the creative right side of my brain.

So I looked on Pinterest for a creative way to display my cards and saw where they used a frame and painted it red and then mounted chicken wire inside the opening so you could clip your cards to the wire.

I improvised due to the following limitations....1. I didn't feel like making a mess in the dining room trying to paint the frame and it was too big to paint on my art studio desk. 2. I don't have chickens, therefore no chicken wire.

So I used foam board wrapped in fabric and took a picture (and glass) out of a frame we were about to donate. I left the gold frame gold...although it is way too gold for my taste I think it screams holiday and works well with the fabric.

I secured the cards to the fabric-wrapped board with straight pins which I had in the sewing closet. So all in all, the project cost me $0 and I think it looks quite cute!

No comments: