Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Wednesday, July 14

The Honeymooners!



Presidente Resort, Cozumel, Mexico



Shannon Relaxing on the beach- this is the day I got my worst sunburn ever


On our private patio!


Our Pool!

The fabulous food- Fresh Tuna Salad and Fish Tacos YUMMYY!


Our outdoor patio rain shower!

About to leave for the airport, SAD!

We cannot even sum up in this blog what a fabulous time we had in Mexico. The weather stayed true to the forecast and was beautiful the entire time we were there. We stayed in probably the nicest place I have ever stayed (Julia Roberts stayed there if it tells you anything), we ate so much amazing food (I have the additional lbs. to prove it) and we actually relaxed for the first time in a long time. I think it was a blessing that we didn't realize our private beach picked up wi-fi until the last day. I think the fact that we were totally disconnected from the outside world really helped us cut loose and forget about the real world for a while. Just my wonderful husband, a fabulous resort, and a few iguanas!

If you ever decide you want to vacation in Mexico, please call me and let me tell you about the Presidente. I think it might be the only place in Cozumel I would return to because most of the other areas we saw were very touristy. But this resort had so much to do and was so beautiful you really had no reason to leave it. In fact out of all the places we ate on the island, the beach front restaurant at the resort was our favorite.

On our way home from Mexico we stopped for a night in New Orleans to celebrate our official 2 year anniversary. Due to flight delays we didn't make it back and out to dinner until midnight but that didn't seem to matter in the city that never sleeps. We had a great Cajun dinner and night on the town and then hit the french quarter the next morning. Hopefully we will make this trip an annual tradition!

Dinner in NOLA on our anniversary 12am to be exact!

No comments: