Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Monday, July 20

Love My Weekends At Home!


I love weekends in Natchez! There is just something about waking up to a Natchez Saturday with sun flooding into our floor to ceiling bedroom windows that puts me in the best mood. Maybe it is hearing the horse drawn carriages pass by our block, or the pleasant chatter of tourists walking the streets gazing at historic homes, or it could be having breakfast made for me by an amazing man that loves this town just like I do. The weather has been so pleasant the last few days so I decided to start my Saturday morning with a run through downtown. I always take my Blackberry in case of an emergency (I don't worry so much about someone doing something to me...more me doing something to myself like tripping on 100year old brick walkways, falling down the Silver Street hill, or running into a parked car as I gaze at a house or shop) Here are a few pics I snapped with my phone so you could enjoy what I was enjoying. Maybe this is just a cheap attempt at luring you to come visit us in our little slice of heaven. The first pictures are my run down Washington St...aka Crape myrtle lane! The last pic is a Flea market I came upon right next door to the art gallery...sure did stop in there and have a peak (and bought 7 picture frames for $9 total that will be refinished and used in the guest bedroom redo)! Well, we had such a productive weekend and I think I got over halfway through my list of "things that need to be done around the house". I will post pictures soon of the 2nd guestroom redo. I poured some major sweat-equity into that room this weekend... 2 layers of wall paper border removed, 2 coats of paint, painted artwork, rearranged furniture...and helped Z hang the new light fixture in the guest bath(by helping i mean: I stood there and watched him do the electrical work and I flipped the breaker a few times)! Hope you all have a good Monday! My week is pretty exciting- Monday night is always girls night, Thursday I have an eye appt to see if I am a candidate for Lasik, and Thursday night Mom and Ruth are coming for a long weekend visit!

PS: sorry if the pictures are a little blurry...I run so darn fast it is hard for light speed to catch up with Shannon "the flash" Jex! (or it could be that they are taken with a low resolution phone camera...I like my first theory better)

1 comment:

Lisha said...

seriously - the flash? what happened to the big balla?